Re: perl 5.14 perl5/5.14/i686-cygwin-threads-64int/auto/IO/IO.dll missing or broken

William J. Schilp, PhD writes:
> i updated to the latest version of perl on cygwin and i get the
> following failure:

Your Cygwin installation is most certainly not up-to-date, so I think
you tried to mix-and-match instead of updating.  If you do that, you
shouldn't hide the OBSOLETE category and you really are on your own if
you break things this way.  Besides, you might have an msys perl in
path, which could be interfering further.  But fix your installation
first, please.

> Package                               Version            Status
> _autorebase                           000651-1           OK

That is old.

> perl_autorebase                       5.14.4-3           OK

Doesn't work due to the wrong _autorebase version-

> perl_base                             5.14.4-3           OK
> perl_vendor                           5.14.2-3           OK

This comes from the previous Perl and has been obsoleted.  You need to
install the obsoletion package to get the distributions formerly
packaged in perl_vendor into your installation.  You will have to
reinstall all other perl packages on your system when fixing that.

Regards,
Achim.