This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
- From: Rich Eizenhoefer <riche at microsoft dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 17:50:14 +0000
- Subject: RE: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=riche at microsoft dot com;
- References: <BN3PR03MB14300D5567A2F7D86BB69A28B4D70 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20150430082231 dot GB19795 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BN3PR03MB1430B88AED4339821C7D95BEB4D50 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20150502133833 dot GB12723 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BN3PR03MB1430C0816A9D41BB051687A4B4D20 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <1433098286892-118602 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <20150601082456 dot GG4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BN3PR03MB14303BAD46376DED807CFA2CB4B60 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <CAJ1KOAiG-VV2heqYSNSjwCb=s_pjxoxKaGY3SnDiy4E20yvOWw at mail dot gmail dot com> <BN3PR03MB1430F49F8839B66558779F3AB4B50 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20150602165013 dot GE741 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Thank you, Corinna and Ismail. I had added an item for this to the console backlog and attached your email (with my annotations) and is_a_tty code to it.
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 9:50 AM
Cc: Rich Eizenhoefer
Subject: Re: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
On Jun 2 16:37, Rich Eizenhoefer wrote:
> Can you provide more detail on changing isatty function to support
> Cygwin PTY's? I need to be able to support the request in our backlog.
As I outlined in https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-05/msg00029.html,
I'm wondering if the MSVCRT guys would really like to support this, but if they are willing to consider that, I have a POC implementation of a MSVCRT isatty replacement implementation I once created for a customer. I attached it to this mail. It's entirely self-written, free for any usage, no strings attached. Feel free to use it as you see fit.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com