This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
- From: Rich Eizenhoefer <riche at microsoft dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 20:27:17 +0000
- Subject: RE: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp dot mailfrom=riche at microsoft dot com;
- References: <BY1PR03MB1436C656CEF12387D40CD74EB4D70 at BY1PR03MB1436 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20150429200616 dot GL3657 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BN3PR03MB14300D5567A2F7D86BB69A28B4D70 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20150430082231 dot GB19795 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BN3PR03MB1430B88AED4339821C7D95BEB4D50 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <20150502133833 dot GB12723 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <BN3PR03MB1430C0816A9D41BB051687A4B4D20 at BN3PR03MB1430 dot namprd03 dot prod dot outlook dot com> <1433098286892-118602 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <20150601082456 dot GG4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
This feature requires multiple moving parts from other teams at Microsoft and we have not started on it yet. We have begun planning for the first post-Windows 10 release, and within our team we have talked about how to create hidden consoles and make the console driver/API better all around. I don't have a timeframe yet when we might get to this but it has been part of our presentation to management about the backlog items we prioritized. Overall there are almost 280 items on the backlog and this is in the "elite 25" that are being considered.
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 1:25 AM
Cc: Rich Eizenhoefer
Subject: Re: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
On May 31 11:51, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> Rich Eizenhoefer wrote
> > I've created a backlog item for this request so we can track the
> > ask. It's possible, but would probably need to pick your brain
> > in-depth more about the ask in the future. In the meantime, is it
> > okay if I attach a copy of this email thread to the internal
> > tracking item in our database? If not, I'll just keep the summary that I've already added.
> I wonder if there is any news on this? Since Windows 10 RTM is
> approaching it would be nice to have some update about this.
I'd sent my OK to attach the thread to Rich in PM during my vacation.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com