This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Terminal window hostname always showing
- From: AC <cygwin62y9 at acarver dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 11:15:31 -0700
- Subject: Re: Terminal window hostname always showing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <553B4F0B dot 4080002 at acarver dot net> <55420ADE dot 8000609 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Ah, thanks I had no idea that -nohostintitle existed. I did a lot of
searching online first before submitting the question so I should have
stumbled across that at some point. As soon as I get back to that
machine I'll add the option.
I also appreciate the heuristic tweak. A couple other machines will
benefit from it especially where the windows are very narrow.
On 2015-04-30 03:58, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 25/04/2015 09:23, AC wrote:
>> Is it possible to turn off the automatic hostname that the window
>> manager is adding to terminal windows?
> Yes, use the X server option -nohostintitle.
> Almost. When -hostintitle is enabled, the WM adds the contents of
> WM_CLIENT_MACHINE to the window title, unless it already seems to be there.
> I've tried to tweak this heuristic a bit in X server 1.17.1-3 so that
> if WM_CLIENT_MACHINE contains something that looks like a FQDN, it only
> looks for the hostname part, not the whole thing.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple