This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
- From: Rich Eizenhoefer <riche at microsoft dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:01:50 +0000
- Subject: From Microsoft: Windows 10 Console and Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
I'm the Program Manager at Microsoft for the updated Windows 10 console. I searched the Cygwin FAQ and mailing list archives for issues related to Windows 10 and found an item about multiple windows which should already be fixed. We have received a couple reports about crashes when running on Windows 10 with the new console enabled. For example:
"cygwin is dying when i run a bunch of the git tools. For example: >grep -rin log .\ 0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487 AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x68570000, RegionSize 0x3A0000, State 0x10000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\grep.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0"
Please let me know if there are other problems you are experiencing with the W10 console that are a regression from previous versions. We are a small team, but we want to help where possible to ensure that Cygwin continues to run well in Windows 10.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple