This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Fork Failures
- From: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:19:08 -0400
- Subject: RE: Fork Failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALs82VyFzF5LJT_2ve3cXOVhsgDgLNRvPgmsszEVndZRHNjgjQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
>From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Anne Linden
>Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:06 AM
>Subject: Fork Failures
>However when I run ps -a it only lists the bash process and the ps process,
>so I'm very confused as how to fix this. I've restarted the computer, but >get the same results.
>I am running bash.exe as an admin for all of this, FYI
Bash is a Cygwin process. You need to stop *all* Cygwin processes.
Run Windows task manager if you have to and kill all Cygwin processes.
[OR reboot is often necessary for me.]
Then run cmd and cd into c:/Cygwin, then cd into bin to run ash.
At the ash prompt run /usr/bin/rebaseall -v.