This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Exim unable to send email with error "unable to set gid=544 or uid=18 after update
- From: Peter Senft <dusares at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:53:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: Exim unable to send email with error "unable to set gid=544 or uid=18 after update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <553A597B dot 3050606 at dusares dot com> <01d401d081d5$51452ed0$f3cf8c70$ at ieee dot org>
That worked! Great, thank you for the quick response!
On 4/28/2015 1:03 PM, Pierre A Humblet wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Peter Senft
>> Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:56 AM
>> I had a perfectly fine running exim configuration, that delivered mail to a
>> smart host and rewrote the sender address to be a specific one (necessary
>> for the smart host). Then, through the installation of some additional tools, I
>> also got an update for Exim (now Exim version 4.84
>> #1 built 25-Jan-2015 22:16:19). Since then I receive the following error
>> message, when I try to send emails:
>> -----> snip <-----
>> 2015-04-24 14:20:21 unable to set gid=544 or uid=18 (euid=197108):
>> privilege not needed
>> -----> snap <-----
> I have just uploaded exim-4.84-2.
> Hopefully that will take care of the issue.
> Thanks for the report.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
/"\ | Peter Senft
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | E-Mail : email@example.com
X against HTML mail | Jabber : firstname.lastname@example.org
/ \ | ICQ : 62090394
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple