This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Exim unable to send email with error "unable to set gid=544 or uid=18 after update
- From: "Pierre A Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: "'Peter Senft'" <peter at dusares dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:03:50 -0400
- Subject: RE: Exim unable to send email with error "unable to set gid=544 or uid=18 after update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <553A597B dot 3050606 at dusares dot com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Peter Senft
> Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:56 AM
> I had a perfectly fine running exim configuration, that delivered mail to a
> smart host and rewrote the sender address to be a specific one (necessary
> for the smart host). Then, through the installation of some additional tools, I
> also got an update for Exim (now Exim version 4.84
> #1 built 25-Jan-2015 22:16:19). Since then I receive the following error
> message, when I try to send emails:
> -----> snip <-----
> 2015-04-24 14:20:21 unable to set gid=544 or uid=18 (euid=197108):
> privilege not needed
> -----> snap <-----
I have just uploaded exim-4.84-2.
Hopefully that will take care of the issue.
Thanks for the report.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple