This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wget or curl as base package
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:31:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: wget or curl as base package
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLWREhd5KrZ_cox=S+0nXRX-4Y+gVt5LhjYBrxLGGRCn=A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Apr 26, 2015, at 12:50 AM, Steven Penny <email@example.com> wrote:
> I feel that wget or curl should be a Cygwin base package. I looked at these
> distros and they all come with one or both pre-installed.
Cygwinâs âbaseâ doesnât use the same philosophy as the Linux distros you list. Itâs closer to the base install of the major BSDs, or an old-line Unix. That is, you get just enough stuff to help you bootstrap whatever you actually need to get work done.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple