This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem using svn 1.8.13 accessing UNC network pathes under cygwin 1.7.35-1
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:24:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem using svn 1.8.13 accessing UNC network pathes under cygwin 1.7.35-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <425807326 dot 201400 dot 1429890822450 dot JavaMail dot open-xchange at oxbaltgw05 dot schlund dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 4/24/2015 8:53 AM, Tobias Nähring wrote:
> I am experiencing the following problem again:
> 2013-07 msg00376.html
> UNC paths are not recognized by svn.
> The double slash at the beginning of UNC paths gets lost:
> svn status -u //servername/some/path/under/svn
> svn: warning: W155007: '/servername/some/path/under/svn ' is not a working copy
I'm the maintainer of svn and libapr1. I'm sure there is a bug in there
somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it myself. I don't use svn
much and don't have much free time, so I don't expect to investigate this.
If you want to provide a patch to fix the problem, I'm willing to run
the libapr1 and subversion unit tests with it.
Otherwise, I suggest you mount the UNC path through /etc/fstab and use
the mount point instead of the UNC path with svn.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
A master byter.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple