This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: tar zxvf won't work with Redhat generated compressed tar file
- From: Murthy Gandikota <murthy64 at hotmail dot com>
- To: Bertrand Caplet <bertrand dot caplet at chunkz dot net>, "cygwin at sourceware dot org" <cygwin at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 19:02:44 +0000
- Subject: RE: tar zxvf won't work with Redhat generated compressed tar file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <COL130-W80F61D41DBC766A5C40206C2E00 at phx dot gbl>,<55354928 dot 3090004 at chunkz dot net> <COL130-W660D1B575445ACD2340D61C2E00 at phx dot gbl>,<55354CD2 dot 7060407 at chunkz dot net>
Got this message from my upstream Linux sender
Please try as well but I previously tried renaming the .tar to .tar.gz (this is an old Linux issue - not knowing a .tar was compressed unless it had .gz too - that I haven't seen required in years) - this had no impact.
> Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:00:34 +0200
> From: email@example.com
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: tar zxvf won't work with Redhat generated compressed tar file
>> Did you mean tar zcvf ? It still doesn't work on RedHat and Cygwin64.
> Yes, I meant this. What does not work ? Do you have a error message ?
> CHUNKZ.NET - script kiddie and computer technician
> Bertrand Caplet, Flers (FR)
> Feel free to send encrypted/signed messages
> Key ID: 37F70C30
> GPG FP: 134A 4027 518B 5F4D D409 558D BA9B 7BF0 37F7 0C30
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple