This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Running tasklist /m in cygwin hangs
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 17:45:11 +0300
- Subject: Re: Running tasklist /m in cygwin hangs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB123-W4750825E1B5751A9A8C87DB1E50 at phx dot gbl> <DUB123-W47F773413670D52BA6C788B1E50 at phx dot gbl>,<1649023972 dot 20150415221557 at yandex dot ru> <DUB123-W19314222C44FF6C6D492E5B1E30 at phx dot gbl> <55312F6B dot 60007 at gmail dot com> <1688389853 dot 20150418020511 at yandex dot ru> <5531DDE7 dot 2050007 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Marco Atzeri!
>>>> I can confirm it still hangs for me with 1.7.35. I am using the 32 bit (i686) Cygwin which is the only difference from Andrey's.
>>> on $ uname -vrsm
>>> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW 1.7.35(0.287/5/3) 2015-03-04 12:07 i686
>>> It is only a bit slow (both mintty and console)
>>> $ time tasklist /m normaliz.DLL
>>> real 1m25.565s
>> Oh... wow...
>> real 0m0.088s
>>> user 0m0.015s
>>> sys 0m0.046s
>>> It seems some type of timeout in the interaction of this
>>> windows utility and cygwin
>> Was it native console or pty ?
> on 32bit cygwin on 64bit W7
> cmd+bash and mintty+bash have the same long time.
> As the effect is around 10 sec per line and "tasklist.exe" is looking
> which process is using a certain dll, I presume that there is a negative
> interactions (timeout, double sleep ?).
> cmd alone or 64 bit cygwin has no delay effect.
> However on 64bit you can compare
> /cygdrive/c/windows/SysWOW64/tasklist.exe /m normaliz.dll
> /cygdrive/c/windows/System32/tasklist.exe /m normaliz.dll
> timing ;-)
It isn't as slow as yours, but definitely slow.
$ time /c/windows/System32/tasklist.exe /m normaliz.dll | iconv -f CP866
$ time /c/windows/SysWOW64/tasklist.exe /m normaliz.dll | iconv -f CP866
With best regards,
Saturday, April 18, 2015 17:42:41
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple