This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dig utility in bind-utils-9.9.7-1 returns no output
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Keith Christian <keith1christian at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 02:00:33 +0300
- Subject: Re: dig utility in bind-utils-9.9.7-1 returns no output
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFWoy7F6DMy4L8ccwOSztuJfKqPhkVW9TTsL2ZEBjvum-6hYsg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFWoy7HKNuz8_nj9iHamGXzxvcFx-mtOSRPQJqn2OxGOpAmLmg at mail dot gmail dot com> <1923978077 dot 20150414135419 at yandex dot ru> <CAFWoy7HGJSXhvjBraTqrw_XZ+6+JQFhJkrfANNGhz4wrXgQ=JQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <552D7120 dot 9000409 at gmail dot com> <CAFWoy7FuWgcpOsv+fnC_wbrrx8rLJY8KcW86+kBJDzDFEoSuQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <552D8C5E dot 2020208 at winfirst dot com> <CAFWoy7FxE_jDKYLx_SNKayzzHOvr_BQb72WtFEQCXfApax0viQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFWoy7HVZt8cTy5wpry+o4FrFTnJSYET1FEZCWL5Jnp7E7QNEw at mail dot gmail dot com> <552ECFAC dot 7040003 at winfirst dot com> <CAFWoy7HftTvrBM2VxT1fxBsit7u-4gi4wnWCx56P6Ls_S8FU4g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFWoy7EowK6mkAvEmgbNMdDVvf_vieyaWmhm8XLQKJJmyYeA9A at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Keith Christian!
>>> I'm sorry - I could be completely off-base here. What I meant was can you
>>> try running
>>> '/usr/bin/dig' (providing the full path to the application) rather than by
>>> just running 'dig'
>>> just in case there is some other 'dig' on your path (or shell aliases) which
>>> might be running
>>> rather than the actual /usr/bin/dig command.
>>> In previous messages, your examples were running 'dig' (without the full
>>> path) so it wasn't
>>> clear which dig you were actually getting.
>> Thanks Mark, but I tried both of those early in my attempts without
>> success. Good suggestion, though.
> I updated Cygwin this morning, and now: "dig works! I have no idea why!"
> "cksum /usr/bin/dig /bin/dig" reports the same checksums as before,
> and "cygcheck dig" produces the same output as before.
I've seen similar effect, when Cygwin was going through implementation of some
specific POSIX calls, and export tables were bouncing around libs in the
But your claim that you've had Cygwin updated led the discussion sideways.
My bet was you've had Cygwin1.dll locked when updating and the update wasn't
> Thanks to all of you for the suggestions.
However, please don't top-post in future.
With best regards,
Saturday, April 18, 2015 01:55:23
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple