This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "R" help leaves out lines of text
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 00:30:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: "R" help leaves out lines of text
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150416T161942-544 at post dot gmane dot org> <552FF744 dot 5080707 at gmail dot com> <loom dot 20150417T205208-167 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 4/17/2015 8:57 PM, paul wrote:
Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:
I am ramping up on the R statistical analysis environment. I find
that the help leaves out entire lines of text. The pager is
/usr/lib/R/bin/pager. I changed it to /bin/less, but I see the
same symptom. The problem shows up both in xterm and mintty. The
computer is in a locked down environment, so a straight update of
cygwin packages is not an option. From the R forum, the problem
might be due to improper handling of line endings by the R port to
Is there anything further I can try to circumvent the problem?
My version info is:
64-bit Cygwin DLL version 1.7.28
R version 3.0.1-1
Are the input files Unix style or DOS style ?
Can you give an example to replicate your finding ?
I can that test than if the last R-3.1.3-1 package behaves correctly
or not. R-3.0.1-1 package is almost 2 years old.
I can't actually find the help files;
the documentation is available as info files.
$ cygcheck -l R |grep info
For what I can see the help data are also present.
The formatting could be better but I have no problem in reading.
If you are looking for a HTML browser help,
of course it is not configured.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple