This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin emacs -- apparent version config issue with 24.4 to 24.5
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:05:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin emacs -- apparent version config issue with 24.4 to 24.5
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55304018 dot 2080006 at xenotropic dot net>
On 4/16/2015 7:04 PM, Joe Morris wrote:
I just did a new install of Cygwin and its emacs using the windows 64 intaller,
and when I ran emacs from the Cygwin command line I got these errors:
Warning: arch-dependent data dir
`/usr/libexec/emacs/24.5/x86_64-unknown-cygwin/': No such file or directory
Warning: arch-independent data dir `/usr/share/emacs/24.5/etc/': No such file or
Warning: Lisp directory `/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp': No such file or directory
Error: charsets directory not found:
Emacs will not function correctly without the character map files.
Please check your installation!
After I did
$ mv /usr/share/emacs/24.4/ /usr/share/emacs/24.5/
then emacs worked ok. Seems like perhaps the path didn't get updated somewhere
from 24.4 to 24.5?
I think something must have gone wrong with your installation. The paths are
correct in the tarball, as you can see at
I suggest you reinstall emacs.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple