This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:25:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150411103504 dot GD7343 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <B70FA02B-DAA7-47E5-B104-041C4481858F at etr-usa dot com>
On Wed, 2015-04-15 at 14:22 -0600, Warren Young wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2015, at 4:35 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > The version number is 2.0.0-0.1. Yes, we're going full Torvalds
> > with the release numbers and bump them to 2.0.
> Will this result in a cygwin2.dll with a different ABI?
No, ABI compatibility will be kept. That's what we meant by "going full
Torvalds", as in the Linux 3.0 and 4.0 version bumps.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple