This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot change console mode during usage of expect
- From: Keith Proctor <keith_proctor at filemaker dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:20:37 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Cannot change console mode during usage of expect
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150415T025305-586 at post dot gmane dot org> <20150415073302 dot GU7343 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20150415T192545-607 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20150415T235154-323 at post dot gmane dot org>
Mark Geisert <mark <at> maxrnd.com> writes:
> Keith Proctor writes:
> > BTW, I expect GetConsoleMode and SetConsoleMode is standard
> > usage by any console application. These calls work on Macintosh,
> > Windows and Cygwin window without expect.
> Are you sure you're using the Cygwin expect, and not a Windows-native expect
> that just happens to be on your path?
Typing which expect comes back with /usr/bin/expect. This appears
to be the standard Cygwin location.
I did a search for expect on the system before installing Cygwin and
did not find an executable. This is a fresh 2k8 R2 VM. I did not install
another expect command from another source on the system and
DOS does not include an expect functionality that I am aware of. Web
shows that I would need to install another package such as HPs
expect or ActiveState.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple