This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tab autocomplete is going mad (waiting and giving a beep or being slow then displaying too many possibilities)
- From: RenÃ Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:43:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: tab autocomplete is going mad (waiting and giving a beep or being slow then displaying too many possibilities)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1069470763 dot 2636286 dot 1429002878823 dot JavaMail dot yahoo at mail dot yahoo dot com>
On 4/14/2015 4:14 AM, Marilo wrote:
> Tab autocomplete is going mad..
Same here, but only with network shares.
And it gets weird:
1. It just doesn't do anything, except blocking the terminal (mintty
2. It gobbles the first ^C, doing nothing, echoes the second, again
doing nothing (terminal still blocked).
3. Sometimes, not always, after the 3rd ^C it spits the completion, and
blocks again. "Spits" as in "^Ccompletion^C", echoing th
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW T7400 1.7.35(0.287/5/3) 2015-03-04 12:07 i686 Cygwin
with the latest bash ( 4.3.33(1)), mintty (1.1.3).
$ cygcheck --check-setup | grep -v OK
Cygwin Package Information
Package Version Status
libsasl2 2.1.23-1 Incomplete
which seems irrelevant.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple