This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
tab autocomplete is going mad (waiting and giving a beep or being slow then displaying too many possibilities)
- From: Marilo <narium85-mlscar at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:14:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: tab autocomplete is going mad (waiting and giving a beep or being slow then displaying too many possibilities)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Marilo <narium85-mlscar at yahoo dot co dot uk>
Tab autocomplete is going mad..
A) It waits for a while, in which time I can't type anything, then it gives a beep and exits, letting me type, but not displaying anything
B) It waits for a while, then says there are loads of possibilities
I'll demonstrate showing how it is for this directory.
First i'll show the directories contents in regular cmd.exe
Then i'll show the tab behaviour. There isn't much to show for case A(the case of the beep). But i'll show for Case B(the long listing). And i'm sure if Case A or B is solved, Case A and case B will be solved. So let's look at Case B(the long listing).
Here are the real contents of the ccc directory
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is B411-D580
Directory of C:\cygwin\home\user\ccc
13/04/2015 10:08 PM <DIR> .
13/04/2015 10:08 PM <DIR> ..
13/04/2015 10:08 PM 0 r
1 File(s) 0 bytes
2 Dir(s) 7,146,205,184 bytes free
Or the real contents from cygwin with ls (rather than tab)
$ ls -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 user None 0 Apr 13 22:08 r
Going into cygwin-
For some reason tab is going mad in cygwin
user@comp ~/ccc <---- I hit Tab
Display all 2382 possibilities? (y or n)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple