This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Making Cygwin More Tolerant of Orphaned SIDs?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 06:57:20 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Making Cygwin More Tolerant of Orphaned SIDs?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADi7v6LUZhr6UVSYA+Fe27f-aWJcxVxUXb3vR02rVuW9cG3a6A at mail dot gmail dot com>
Bryan Berns <bryan.berns <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Based on some rudimentary performance tests, it would appear that
> Cygwin may repeatedly try to lookup information on a SID form an ACE
> if cannot find a corresponding account.... which will undoubtedly
> occur for orphaned SIDs. If the volume being read is remote, this can
> result in some massive slowdowns if there are many files in the
> directory. Is there any way to augment this behavior?
Mounting the volume "noacl" doesn't help?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple