This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Making Cygwin More Tolerant of Orphaned SIDs?
- From: Bryan Berns <bryan dot berns at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:58:06 -0400
- Subject: Making Cygwin More Tolerant of Orphaned SIDs?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Based on some rudimentary performance tests, it would appear that
Cygwin may repeatedly try to lookup information on a SID form an ACE
if cannot find a corresponding account.... which will undoubtedly
occur for orphaned SIDs. If the volume being read is remote, this can
result in some massive slowdowns if there are many files in the
directory. Is there any way to augment this behavior?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple