This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin version numbers [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1]
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:15:15 +0100
- Subject: Cygwin version numbers [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20150411103504 dot GD7343 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 11/04/2015 11:35, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
The version number is 2.0.0-0.1. Yes, we're going full Torvalds with
> the release numbers and bump them to 2.0. In future, bugfix releases
> will bump the last number, new feature releases will bump the middle
> Bugfix? 2.0.1, 2.0.2, ...
> New features? 2.1, 2.2, ...
Does this mean the version number distinction between the GPL and
propriety versions of the Cygwin DLL are disappearing? IIRC it's
currently the case that version 1.<even> indicates a closed-source
license version, and 1.<odd> indicates a GPL-licensed version.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple