This is the mail archive of the cygwin mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Libguile17 dependency issue - attention maintainer

On 12/04/15 11:03, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 2/21/2015 12:19 AM, David Stacey wrote:
On 20/02/15 15:42, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
unfortunately it turns out that our guile (and lilypond) maintainer has
left us, so the packages are orphaned.  Jan's last version of guile was
1.8.7-2 for 32 bit.

Does anybody have fun to take over maintainership of guile or lilypond?

First, let me say that I have no intention of maintaining lilypond - I
am aware that even replying to this e-mail puts me in danger of
acquiring another couple of packages ;-) I absolutely love lilypond and
would like it to stay within Cygwin if at all possible, but I don't have
the time right now to take on a package that is going to be a little

I had a go at building lilypond for x86_64 about 18 months ago, but
didn't get very far. I managed to produce an executable, but 'make doc'
and 'make check' both failed, so I didn't have any confidence in the
binary produced. My need for a working lilypond exceeded the tinkering
time available, so I just used Fedora.

I've tidied up the cygport file this evening, and this (along with a
small patch) is attached. Hopefully this will be a starting point for a
prospective maintainer with the time to do it justice.


Thanks Dave,
for the starting point.
I used that as base for the 64 bit package just released.

Removing the cygwin specific usage of
  cygwin_conv_to_posix_path / cygwin_conv_path
did the work. Make check passed on 64bit, and make doc fails
on a corner case, most of the HTML documentation was built.

Well done - you've already got further than I managed. I have a soft spot for lilypond, so I'm really pleased that you've adopted it - I'd hate to see it removed from Cygwin. Next time I update my 64-bit installation I'll give it a test.


Problem reports:
Unsubscribe info:

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]