This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Libguile17 dependency issue - attention maintainer
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 12:03:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: Libguile17 dependency issue - attention maintainer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHfZ7XpFJ1tqfoZ_hg_A08_NKvRHdzx3whPCwN5SGAddqu5qAg at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E73A20 dot 2020706 at lauterbach dot com> <54E74A68 dot 2060501 at gmail dot com> <20150220154232 dot GY26084 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54E7C0F0 dot 8070303 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On 2/21/2015 12:19 AM, David Stacey wrote:
On 20/02/15 15:42, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
unfortunately it turns out that our guile (and lilypond) maintainer has
left us, so the packages are orphaned. Jan's last version of guile was
1.8.7-2 for 32 bit.
Does anybody have fun to take over maintainership of guile or lilypond?
First, let me say that I have no intention of maintaining lilypond - I
am aware that even replying to this e-mail puts me in danger of
acquiring another couple of packages ;-) I absolutely love lilypond and
would like it to stay within Cygwin if at all possible, but I don't have
the time right now to take on a package that is going to be a little
I had a go at building lilypond for x86_64 about 18 months ago, but
didn't get very far. I managed to produce an executable, but 'make doc'
and 'make check' both failed, so I didn't have any confidence in the
binary produced. My need for a working lilypond exceeded the tinkering
time available, so I just used Fedora.
I've tidied up the cygport file this evening, and this (along with a
small patch) is attached. Hopefully this will be a starting point for a
prospective maintainer with the time to do it justice.
for the starting point.
I used that as base for the 64 bit package just released.
Removing the cygwin specific usage of
cygwin_conv_to_posix_path / cygwin_conv_path
did the work. Make check passed on 64bit, and make doc fails
on a corner case, most of the HTML documentation was built.
The 32 bit builds but does not works. I suspect there is an additional
problem with the underlying dependencies, or we are triggering an
existing problem not visible on Linux platform.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple