This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [TESTERS needed] New POSIX permission handling
- From: donmez <ismail at donmez dot ws>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 10:11:48 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [TESTERS needed] New POSIX permission handling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150410100703 dot GA4401 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> Hi folks,
> I just applied a patch I'm working on for quite some time now. As I
> outlined before on this list, the POSIX permission handling has aged
> considerably and, for historical reasons, did things differently
> dependent on the calling function. I took the time to reimplement the
> core functionality to handle all ACLs as strictly following POSIX ACL
> rules as possible.
I tested the updated package and at least quilt and mutt seems to broken by
the permission changes:
[~]> quilt new foo
cat: /tmp/quilt.mwTVWM: Permission denied
Patch patches/foo is now on top
And running mutt results in:
"Error creating temporary file /tmp/mutt-...."
Rolling back to an older snapshot fixes the problem.
View this message in context: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/TESTERS-needed-New-POSIX-permission-handling-tp117406p117455.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple