This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [TESTERS needed] New POSIX permission handling
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 11:08:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [TESTERS needed] New POSIX permission handling
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150410100703 dot GA4401 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87lhhzcarc dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <5528E2ED dot 7090105 at gmail dot com>
David Macek writes:
> Power Users don't have access to (almost) everything, like
> Administrators do. The Domain Administrators group is a member of
> Administrators, so unless I'm missing something, there's no reason to
> have them explicitely in the DACL.
That doesn't stop folks from using them in DACL entries and membership
of one group in another (rightly) doesn't confer transitive access
rights. I've just named these two examples because I've seen them
before in ACL, I make no claim as to whether that's a sensible thing to
do or not.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple