This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: libfakesu 1.1.0
- From: Kelley Cook <r dot kelley dot cook at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, daniel at boland dot nl
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:12:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Updated: libfakesu 1.1.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <551D7957 dot 2000408 at boland dot nl>
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Daniel <email@example.com> wrote:
> This library simulates the Unix root user. It is meant to make porting
> Unix programs to Cygwin easier. Many Unix daemon programs, such as
> Apache, Sendmail and Procmail, start up as root but change to an
> unprivileged user ID.
> By including this library, any Cygwin super-user (member of the
> 'Administrators' group) will be represented with user id '0' to
> your program.
Shouldn't this package be released for cygwin64 also?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple