This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xemacs crashes with SIGSEGV after update
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 08:09:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: xemacs crashes with SIGSEGV after update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201504091326 dot t39DQ3eJ011817 at tyr dot informatik dot hs-fulda dot de> <vrivsic98ioh dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com> <ddfb9ba64daa43df79f2f11a64055f5f at tucan dot informatik dot hs-fulda dot de> <87mw2h86l8 dot fsf at alumni dot princeton dot edu>
>>>>> Vin Shelton writes:
> Siegmar Gross writes:
>>> > today I updated all packages of my 32-Bit Cygwin installation
>>> > on top of Windows 7). After that xemacs crashed if I tried to
>>> open a
>>> > file. Therefore I reinstalled the older version
>>> > Unfortunately the older version crashes as well. I can start
>>> > without command line arguments.
>>> Try with
>>> (setq progress-feedback-use-echo-area t)
>>> in your .emacs/.xemacs
>> Great! Your advise solved the problem. I added the command to
>> .xemacs/init.el and now everything works as before. Can you
>> explain why this command is necessary now and what it does?
>> Thank you very much for a short answer in advance.
> There's a fix for this in the 21.4.24 sources. Volker - is there any
> chance for an updated package?
Probably in 2 weeks from now...no time
> - Vin
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple