This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xemacs crashes with SIGSEGV after update
- From: Vin Shelton <acs at alumni dot princeton dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 15:06:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: xemacs crashes with SIGSEGV after update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201504091326 dot t39DQ3eJ011817 at tyr dot informatik dot hs-fulda dot de> <vrivsic98ioh dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com> <ddfb9ba64daa43df79f2f11a64055f5f at tucan dot informatik dot hs-fulda dot de>
Siegmar Gross writes:
>> > today I updated all packages of my 32-Bit Cygwin installation
>> > on top of Windows 7). After that xemacs crashed if I tried to
>> open a
>> > file. Therefore I reinstalled the older version
>> > Unfortunately the older version crashes as well. I can start
>> > without command line arguments.
>> Try with
>> (setq progress-feedback-use-echo-area t)
>> in your .emacs/.xemacs
> Great! Your advise solved the problem. I added the command to
> .xemacs/init.el and now everything works as before. Can you
> explain why this command is necessary now and what it does?
> Thank you very much for a short answer in advance.
There's a fix for this in the 21.4.24 sources. Volker - is there any
chance for an updated package?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple