This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xemacs crashes with SIGSEGV after update
- From: Siegmar Gross <Siegmar dot Gross at informatik dot hs-fulda dot de>
- To: "Dr. Volker Zell\" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 19:13:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: xemacs crashes with SIGSEGV after update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201504091326 dot t39DQ3eJ011817 at tyr dot informatik dot hs-fulda dot de> <vrivsic98ioh dot fsf at VZELL-LAP dot de dot oracle dot com>
> today I updated all packages of my 32-Bit Cygwin installation
> on top of Windows 7). After that xemacs crashed if I tried to
> file. Therefore I reinstalled the older version
> Unfortunately the older version crashes as well. I can start
> without command line arguments.
(setq progress-feedback-use-echo-area t)
in your .emacs/.xemacs
Great! Your advise solved the problem. I added the command to
.xemacs/init.el and now everything works as before. Can you
explain why this command is necessary now and what it does?
Thank you very much for a short answer in advance.
Thank you very much for your help
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple