This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Why does cl -l returns "Administrators" as owner?
- From: Mirko Vukovic <mirko dot vukovic at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 10:03:26 -0400
- Subject: Why does cl -l returns "Administrators" as owner?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This is not an only Cygwin question (I see it also in the output of
the Windows version of
For some files in my directories, the output of ls -l gives the
"Administrators" as owner.
This is puzzling to me because:
- There is no Administrators user listed in the Windows accounts
- Under Explorer/Properties/Details, the user is my domain/my user id
which is what I expect
I looked in the FAQ, Documentation, Google (both cygwin and emacs).
This causes problems for remote activities via ssh. I cannot operate
on these files, unless I
do a chown to my user id. But this then changes some of the
permissions as well. And this
can then lead to problems down the line if not done carefully - me and
my sysadmin I learned
the hard way :-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple