This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Bryan Berns <bryan dot berns at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 07:54:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: Robocopy
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0216347cd127fa618050e7d72467a2e9 dot squirrel at webmail dot xs4all dot nl>
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Houder <email@example.com> wrote:
> 2015/04/02 19:13:56 ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Copying File E:\Cygwin\home\jvdwater\.bash_history
> Access is denied.
> Waiting 30 seconds... Retrying...
> New File 689 .bash_history
ROBOCOPY is very reliable and it's actually what I use to have folks
"install" Cygwin on our enterprise systems (i.e. I setup a master
replica of the install and they ROBOCOPY it down to their machines).
It works without fail unless they have a files in use. If you throw
in /R:0, do you see any other files with access denied? Might be a
good datapoint to confirm it's everything and not something specify
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple