This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OpenSSH 6.8p1-1 and keychain: can't determine fingerprint
- From: wilson <wilson at ds dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 09:03:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: OpenSSH 6.8p1-1 and keychain: can't determine fingerprint
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <551A13D8 dot 1030701 at cs dot umass dot edu> <20150331101534 dot GE32403 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <551A9149 dot 4020408 at cs dot umass dot edu> <1837571490 dot 20150331235503 at yandex dot ru> <551B3EA8 dot 4050607 at cs dot umass dot edu> <392349513 dot 20150401035240 at yandex dot ru> <20150401073824 dot GB493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <18010304924 dot 20150401153744 at yandex dot ru>
I saw the following on
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-03/msg00477.html and I've been
having the same issue with keychain. The fix to the /usr/bin/keychain
shell script worked as shown, but I've added information about where the
fix belongs (in the script) later in this message. I suggest correcting
the indentations for the proposed fix as needed.
After updating to OpenSSH 6.8p1-1, I experienced an issue where, at
every login, keychain (in my .bash_profile) wrote a warning:
Can't determine fingerprint from the following line, falling back to
) to an Arch Linux forum expressed a similar report, along with a
solution, adding a case for SHA256 or MD5:
For clarity, that's:
* SHA256:[0-9a-zA-Z+/=]*|* MD5:[0-9a-zA-Z+/=]*)
# The new OpenSSH 6.8+ format,
# 1024 SHA256:mVPwvezndPv/ARoIadVY98vAC0g+P/5633yTC4d/wXE
echo "$ef_line" | cut -f2 -d' '
I applied the changes to my /usr/bin/keychain, and the errors stopped.
I think this change belongs in Cygwin, too, since OpenSSH 6.8p1-1.
I applied this fix to the case statement (penultimate entry) in the
extract_fingerprints() function (around line 800) and it does seem to
work for me as well. I would recommend this be added as a permanent fix
in Cygwin's package.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple