This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: More about permissions
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 15:37:44 +0300
- Subject: Re: More about permissions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <551A13D8 dot 1030701 at cs dot umass dot edu> <20150331101534 dot GE32403 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <551A9149 dot 4020408 at cs dot umass dot edu> <1837571490 dot 20150331235503 at yandex dot ru> <551B3EA8 dot 4050607 at cs dot umass dot edu> <392349513 dot 20150401035240 at yandex dot ru> <20150401073824 dot GB493 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> On Apr 1 03:52, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> > Now where this really makes a difference is when I am transferring files between my Windows
>> > system and other systems that are Unix-based, using git, rsync, and such tools.
>> > Either I remove SYSTEM access or the permissions get messed up.
>> That's one of the reasons why I think SYSTEM account privileges needs to be
>> hidden from POSIX access mask. It needs to be shown in getfacl to reduce
>> confusion, though, but otherwise there's no case, where hiding it could cause
>> any more harm, than showing it.
>> >>> Maybe what I am looking for is something like this:
>> >>> - Certain Windows accounts/groups would be treated as 'root' for cygwin's
>> >>> purposes, perhaps controlled by a list in a file read when cygwin starts up.
>> >> The list would be very short. "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM".
>> > Ok -- I would be happy with that, rather than having g+rwx happening to every
>> > file because I am granting SYSTEM access.
>> > Do you begin to see the bind I feel myself in?
>> Do tell me? I'm perpetually caught in it.
> Sigh. This is really annoying from a developer's POV.
> Yes, yes, I still have "ignore SYSTEM in group handling?" on my TODO
That's why I'm not replying to you! <3 I know it is somewhere there.
I was explaining it to Eliot.
Sorry for disturbance!
With best regards,
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 15:35:10
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple