This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?
- From: random user <cnpxzsdwle4m0dkt at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 13:32:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54F00036 dot 8050509 at gmail dot com>
The changes regarding the user SID = group SID case look generally good
Thanks for considering the idea.
I do wonder if it is best that the Everyone privileges would "leak" into the
group permission mode/mask tho, either at the Posix or ACL levels. They
seem to for user SID != group SID, for those the oddball cases where
has privileges the owner or group does not get a DENY in their ACL.
Perhaps more importantly than that topic: I've noticed what seems a new
the behavior of the user SID != group SID case:
touch x # umask = 0077, user SID != primary group SID
chmod 750 x
chmod -x x # gets chmod: x: new permissions are rw-r-x---, not rw-r-----
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple