This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 04:35:35 +0300
- Subject: Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADi7v6JajieaQGq3N5LY2Ck2m7SiOTci6au5t7RL4gxZdvBgEw at mail dot gmail dot com> <87twy8cv4k dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150226202836 dot GB10024 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> given that SYSTEM has permissions to read and write all files
If SYSTEM don't have access to files, it can't do anything at all.
This is not Linux, system isn't run from root.
> I don't see that a rule to add SYSTEM permissions to all files
> accomplishes anything which isn't already available anyway.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 27.02.2015, <04:34>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple