This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: slow startup after upgrade
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:21:09 -0800
- Subject: Re: slow startup after upgrade
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150225125220 dot GA437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <A55CCFE32575429CB57E7CCABAE696A1 at Tamar> <mcln8a$vnq$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <1424909523 dot 1976 dot 47 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <mcnu7h$c42$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20150226202452 dot GA10024 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 2/26/2015 12:24 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 26 12:04, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On 2/25/2015 4:12 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 15:52 -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
Can somebody summarize where we're at here. I've been noticing all this
email about slow startup and I'm excited by the inclusion of domain
accounts using /etc/nsswitch.conf, etc. I downloaded a newer version of
Cygwin a few weeks ago (I'm seeing 1.7.34) and I experienced the
slowdown myself. Unfortunately I'm too busy to actively participate but
it looks like some good progress has been made. Should I update or is
everything still in snapshots?
Fixes are in snapshots, as well as test releases (currently 1.7.35-0.4)
which can be installed with setup*.exe.
Hmmm... https://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.snapshots says:
You cannot use Cygwin Setup to install a snapshot.
Hmmm... maybe you should try to read Yaakov's entire sentence?
It is not clear from Yaakov's sentence that the phrase "which can be
installed with setup*.exe" applied to test releases, snapshots or both.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple