This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?
- From: Bryan Berns <bryan dot berns at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 15:51:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Too Many Permissions Stripped In 1.7.35?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADi7v6JajieaQGq3N5LY2Ck2m7SiOTci6au5t7RL4gxZdvBgEw at mail dot gmail dot com> <87twy8cv4k dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150226202836 dot GB10024 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
> That's not really a goal. The SYSTEM permissions are kind of useless
> anyway, given that SYSTEM has permissions to read and write all files
> anyway. I don't see that a rule to add SYSTEM permissions to all files
> accomplishes anything which isn't already available anyway.
I don't think this is true; see below when running as the system account:
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
Access is denied.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple