This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: slow startup after upgrade
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:12:03 -0600
- Subject: Re: slow startup after upgrade
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150225125220 dot GA437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <A55CCFE32575429CB57E7CCABAE696A1 at Tamar> <mcln8a$vnq$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 15:52 -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Can somebody summarize where we're at here. I've been noticing all this
> email about slow startup and I'm excited by the inclusion of domain
> accounts using /etc/nsswitch.conf, etc. I downloaded a newer version of
> Cygwin a few weeks ago (I'm seeing 1.7.34) and I experienced the
> slowdown myself. Unfortunately I'm too busy to actively participate but
> it looks like some good progress has been made. Should I update or is
> everything still in snapshots?
Fixes are in snapshots, as well as test releases (currently 1.7.35-0.4)
which can be installed with setup*.exe.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple