This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gid doesn't display correctly on SAMBA share using AD
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Len Giambrone <Leonard dot Giambrone at intersystems dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 00:50:22 +0300
- Subject: Re: gid doesn't display correctly on SAMBA share using AD
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EDF1DB dot 20708 at intersystems dot com> <20150225161849 dot GG437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54EDFD84 dot 2030605 at intersystems dot com> <20150225172022 dot GL437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54EE05B3 dot 4050304 at intersystems dot com> <20150225173432 dot GP437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <54EE0C9B dot 2020605 at intersystems dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Len Giambrone!
>> The other, better way not restricted to Cygwin
>> is to install Samba's winbind.
> We are running winbind.
>> It just doesn't help for existing UNIX
>> accounts, afaics.
> I don't know how winbind works. If it doesn't work with existing UNIX
> accounts, then when _would_ it have an effect?
The mapping should be set up in winbind to match SID's to UID/GID's.
Just "running winbind" isn't enough.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 26.02.2015, <00:49>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple