Re: chmod: creator owner victimized? ... (1.7.35-0.4)

> Hi Henri,
>
> On Feb 25 20:23, Houder wrote:
>> Hi Corinna,
>>
>> Ref: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-02/msg00798.html
>>  - [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.4
>>
>> Something for your list of things to think about ... and do later ;-)
>>
>> For a directory, the 'creator owner' should have sufficient permissions. That is, at least 'full control
>> minus delete'; full control is good. (yes, as far as I can tell)
>
> Yeah, I noticed that problem myself a few hours ago and applied a fix in
> the meantime.  In CVS, the chmod workaround does not touch the CREATOR
> OWNER, CREATOR GROUP and Everyone default ACEs anymore.  I'll create a
> snapshot and another test release soon.

Good ...

For the record: in addition to RX, W and DC, at least take ownership should
be present, I believe.

Otherwise, chown will bark. (the example below uses setfacl)

Henri

-----
@@ uname -a # using 1.7.35-0.4
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW Seven 1.7.35(0.286/5/3) 2015-02-25 13:11 i686 Cygwin

@@ mkdir QL
@@ setfacl -b QL <==== setfacl
@@ icacls.sh QL
E:/QL
   Seven\Henri                        (F)
   Seven\None                         (RX)
   Everyone                           (RX)
   CREATOR OWNER                      (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX,W,DC) <==== enough?
   CREATOR GROUP                      (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
   Everyone                           (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

@@ chown Henri:None QL/dir2 # dir2 has been created using Explorer
chown: changing ownership of ?QL/dir2?: Permission denied <==== Euh?

@@ icacls.sh QL/dir2
E:/QL/dir2
   Seven\Henri                        (I)(RX,W,DC)
   CREATOR OWNER                      (I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX,W,DC)
   Seven\None                         (I)(RX)
   CREATOR GROUP                      (I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
   Everyone                           (I)(OI)(CI)(RX)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
@@ ls-facl.sh QL/dir2
E:/QL/dir2
   Owner: Seven\Henri <==== I am the owner!
   Group: Seven\None
   DACL(not_protected):
   Seven\Henri                        read_execute+write+FILE_DELETE_CHILD allow     no_inheritance
   CREATOR OWNER                      read_execute+write+FILE_DELETE_CHILD allow
container_inherit+object_inherit+inherit_only
   Seven\None                         read_execute                        allow     no_inheritance
   CREATOR GROUP                      read_execute                        allow
container_inherit+object_inherit+inherit_only
   Everyone                           read_execute                        allow     container_inherit+object_inherit
SetACL finished successfully.
@@

=====