This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:55:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150223201119 dot GX437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <801DB7C4-3F66-468F-B786-0C7575897D98 at etr-usa dot com> <154114676 dot 20150224063913 at yandex dot ru> <9D7B3952-86AD-4EA7-8146-E985ADE2FE4D at etr-usa dot com> <1528837107 dot 20150225032328 at yandex dot ru> <BE04216B-2ECD-462D-86E4-AA4E3433FFB7 at etr-usa dot com> <20150225090115 dot GW437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <90784C48-04A6-4163-9566-43EE4CC0BF1B at etr-usa dot com> <20150225150744 dot GD437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <F996F677-DC40-4F15-AD58-2C090257B423 at etr-usa dot com> <20150225152330 dot GE437 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Feb 25, 2015, at 8:23 AM, Corinna Vinschen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> $ chgrp `id -g` id*
>> $ ls -l id*
>> -rw-rw---- 1 Warren Warren 1.7K Feb 25 08:12 id_rsa
>> -rw-rw---- 1 Warren Warren 398 Feb 25 08:12 id_rsa.pub
> Hang on, how come your group is your user account? That's certainly
> not correct and it's certainly not the default, neither with SAM
> accounts, nor with domain accounts. Is that something set in your
> passwd/group files? If so, change it.
Iâm using the new SAM support, only.
This is how Microsoft configured this Windows 10 VM. I havenât made any local user admin type changes, except to create a second account for testing.
I get this from id(1):
uid=1000(Warren) gid=11000(Warren) groups=11000(Warren) âetc.
This is why my ~/.ssh contents were getting set to mode 660, and why I had to chgrp None them to fix it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple