This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: chgrp in Windows
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:08:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: chgrp in Windows
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1YQPDm-0LnoQa0 at fwd06 dot aul dot t-online dot de> <A71B58D3-7EE1-4A47-8644-72CBE4294BC5 at etr-usa dot com>
> On Feb 24, 2015, at 4:57 PM, Warren Young <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The result of chown I can see in Windows Explorer as the Owner but where is the group information?
> Itâs over on the Security tab of the same window youâre looking at: âGroup or user namesâ.
I just remembered that that tab isnât always visible. If youâre running a âhomeâ version of Windows, thereâs a pretty good chance you donât even see this tab.
If thatâs your situation, you can un-hide this tab:
That tab can also be hidden because:
- a group policy setting disabled it
- youâre working on a non-NTFS drive
- youâre working on a shared network drive that doesnât fully support Windows security
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple