This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address
- From: Benjamin Cao <becao at progress dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:58:11 +0000
- Subject: Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I had to enable high address for some machines for testing. I set the AllocationPreference registry key to be 0X100000.
To start by Cygwin shell, I have a script that does this:
The error I will get when trying to start the shell is this:
1 [main] sh 5648 c:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - internal error reading the windows environment - too many environment variables?
If I leave the CYGWIN variable unset, it will work fine. My concern is that when and if I come across an instance in my testing where I NEED the CYGWIN variable set, this problem will come up again. Are there any tips I can user to further investigate this issue?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple