This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin DLLs being modified somehow?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 06:10:23 +0300
- Subject: Re: Cygwin DLLs being modified somehow?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMKht8jUmyh9==NdBHLs52CcgSXrxKTtx9m_+UJYqd+=+3vvrg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Michael DePaulo!
> I am seeing very weird behavior and I am hoping that someone can explain it.
> This happens on 2 different machines. My personal Windows 10 64-bit
> machine, and a Windows 7 64-bit VM hosted by the X2Go project on
> another continent.
> It seems to be happening to multiple DLLs, but I will list one example below.
> I install 32-bit Cygwin with the 2.870 installer
> libopenssl100 is one of the packages that gets installed. It is at
> version. 1.0.1k-1
> /bin/cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll always appears to be 1,820,199 bytes, and it
> always appears to be last modified on 1/8/2015 20:30 UTC.
> When I extract it from the tarball:
> Its md5sum is:
> And its sha256sum is:
> Yet on both systems, once installed, its m5sum and sha1sum differ!
> On my personal machine
> On the X2Go project machine:
> I do not know assembly. Another X2Go Developer, Mihai Moldovan (CC'd)
> and I took a brief look at the disassembled output from objdump. It
> looks like the addresses differ.
It's called rebase.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 23.02.2015, <06:10>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple