This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin DLLs being modified somehow?
- From: Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Mihai Moldovan <ionic at ionic dot de>, Stefan Baur <x2go-ml-1 at baur-itcs dot de>
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 20:53:19 -0500
- Subject: Cygwin DLLs being modified somehow?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am seeing very weird behavior and I am hoping that someone can explain it.
This happens on 2 different machines. My personal Windows 10 64-bit
machine, and a Windows 7 64-bit VM hosted by the X2Go project on
It seems to be happening to multiple DLLs, but I will list one example below.
I install 32-bit Cygwin with the 2.870 installer
libopenssl100 is one of the packages that gets installed. It is at
/bin/cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll always appears to be 1,820,199 bytes, and it
always appears to be last modified on 1/8/2015 20:30 UTC.
When I extract it from the tarball:
Its md5sum is:
And its sha256sum is:
Yet on both systems, once installed, its m5sum and sha1sum differ!
On my personal machine
On the X2Go project machine:
I do not know assembly. Another X2Go Developer, Mihai Moldovan (CC'd)
and I took a brief look at the disassembled output from objdump. It
looks like the addresses differ.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple