This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wish: setup.exe should remember the desktop icon setting
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:53:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: wish: setup.exe should remember the desktop icon setting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EA099A dot 802 at gmx dot de>
> when I run setup.exe for the first time, it shows a checkbox somewhere
> at the end of the wizard, allowing me to create a Cygwin icon on the
> I don?t want this icon, so I uncheck that box. But when I later run
> setup.exe again, the checkbox is checked again, and I have to manually
> uncheck it again.
> setup.exe should remember the last setting of the checkbox.
Running setup with the -n switch,
disables creation of the shortcuts. You can easily add the -n switch to a
desktop shortcut that you use to run setup, so you don't get bothered by this
Run setup-x86_6.exe --help to see a list of all of the supported command-line
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple