This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wish: setup.exe should remember the desktop icon setting
- From: Lester Ingber <ingber at alumni dot caltech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 20:52:34 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: wish: setup.exe should remember the desktop icon setting
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EA099A dot 802 at gmx dot de>
Roland Illig <roland.illig <at> gmx.de> writes:
> when I run setup.exe for the first time, it shows a checkbox somewhere
> at the end of the wizard, allowing me to create a Cygwin icon on the
> I donât want this icon, so I uncheck that box. But when I later run
> setup.exe again, the checkbox is checked again, and I have to manually
> uncheck it again.
> setup.exe should remember the last setting of the checkbox.
Check the options:
Make shortcut, e.g. via File Explore, to setup-x86.exe
R-CLK on the shortcut and click on Properties
In the Shortcut tab, in the Target slot, add --no-desktop , e.g.,
Can do the same for /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/setup-x86_64.exe