This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug: setup.exe repeatedly warns about space in folder name
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Roland Illig <roland dot illig at gmx dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:26:28 +0300
- Subject: Re: bug: setup.exe repeatedly warns about space in folder name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54EA02B7 dot 5050209 at gmx dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Roland Illig!
> I have installed cygwin into C:\Program Files\cygwin. When I installed
> it for the first time, setup.exe warned me that there might be problems
> doing this. This warning was ok.
> But now, when I run setup.exe again, it warns me again, although I have
> already installed cygwin and just want to install some new packages.
> This warning is annoying and should only be displayed when the
> destination folder doesnât exist yet.
This warning is there to (surprize!) warn you that this configuration is
unsafe and unsupported.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 22.02.2015, <19:25>
Sorry for my terrible english...