This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs server problem
- From: gjnospam2014-cygwinproblems at yahoo dot com
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 05:33:22 -0800
- Subject: Re: emacs server problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: gjnospam2014-cygwinproblems at yahoo dot com
Ken Brown wrote:
> > It definitely seems to be something to do with permissions. In a
> > standalone emacs I tried 'server-start' and got told that "The directory
> > `/cygdrive/c/Users/GJ/AppData/Local/Temp/emacs197609' is unsafe"
> Do you have TEMP or TMP or TMPDIR or something like that set in your
> environment to /cygdrive/c/Users/GJ/AppData/Local/Temp? If so, change
> it to /tmp. (/etc/profile should do this unless you're not using the
> default /etc/profile.)
Yes, it is set. If I make it use /tmp then it all works. Why the
difference between using /tmp and ~/.emacs.d/server ? And why,
suddenly, this problem related to permissions on the Local/Temp dir?
The problem only surfaced after I upgraded, remember.
Anyway, many thanks, it's much appreciated.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple